Thursday, June 6, 2013

HOW TO REMOVE LABELS ON GLASS AND PLASTIC!

To remove the labels: Use water for the paper and oil for the gum/adhesive.  Thin paper labels you can simple rub any safe oil (I use grape-seed oil) on the label and allow it to soak in.  I put my finger over the oil bottle and flip, then rub the label.  Repeat this step until the label is covered.  Come back later that day and using a knife (butter knife will do) scrape the label and goo off.  If any leftover residue is left use a non-stick green kitchen scrub pad with soap and wash off the oil and stubborn adhesive.  You may stick your container into the dish washer or fill it with water to hold it down into a sink or bowl of water to soak for while... at least an hour.  
Any stubborn labels will come off, just repeat the process allowing more time for the water/oil to do its magic.  I just leave mine for most of the day insuring they will give me no trouble when the time for scrapping comes.
I wish I would have got a Mrs. Butterworth's bottle before they went plastic. Oh, well... Have fun collecting and re-using your favorite bottles-jars and containers!


Hey everyone!  My name is Krystal Rivera.  I am a 24 year old stay at home mom/photographer.  I have 3 boys ages 2, 3 and 4.  I have been married for 5 years.  I love to indulge in the wonderful world that is couponing and homemade EVERYTHING! 

Amber's Siggy



2 comments:

  1. Great tips! I love glass jars but you are right- everything now is plastic :(

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment Anytime!