Wednesday, February 20, 2013

A Positive Attitude is EVERYTHING!


Week after week I am surprised how well I am doing at losing weight this time around.  I say this time around because this is not the first time I have tried losing weight.  I have been trying for years and nothing I did seemed to work.  I'd loose like 5 pounds and then I wouldn't be able to lose anymore.  Weight Watchers has taught me not to diet but to live a healthy life style.  Eat the right size portions! 

I love feeling like I am succeeding!  I wrote a couple weeks ago about trying on a size nine pair of pants at the mall.  I didn't buy them because I could get them on and button them but they were snug.  I am happy to announce that I went and bought those pants and they now fit perfect!!  It's an awesome feeling when you can walk into a store and just grab a size you think might fit and then it does!  I used to hate shopping for clothes.  I hated grabbing things to try on and them not fitting.  I don't feel that way anymore!  

I went to Weight Watchers last week (2/12/13) and weighed in.  I lost 2.2 pounds!  I have to confess that I went in their thinking I was not going to lose ANYTHING!  My husband and I are house shopping right now and I had spent 3 days down in Kentucky and ate out for every meal.  I watched what I ate and made sure not to over stuff myself but I was still concerned.  Well I proved to myself that even when I am eating out I can still lose weight!  This is also a great feeling.  I feel like I am finally understanding what I need to do for myself.

This week (2/19/13) Weight Watchers got canceled due to really bad weather.  It's been snowing like crazy.  My scale is normally off compared to the Weight Watchers scale so I'm going to guess I lost about 1 pound this week.  

As I stated earlier we have been house hunting so that is why I was a little behind on my posts for my weight journey!  Want to see a picture of the house we are hoping to purchase?  
As exciting as it is to be looking to purchase our first home it's also stressful.  I have been trying hard not to allow the stress to get to me!  I am going to just be excited and not focus on the stress part.  LOL this is easier said than done.

With the crazy snow we have been getting I have not felt very motivated.  I seem to do so much better at exercising when the weather is nice out.  So this week I am going to try to find ways to get myself motivated every day!  


I hope that all of you who have started your own weight journeys are succeeding!  I love reading all of your comments!  They motivate me!  
Amber's Siggy



16 comments:

  1. The house is gorgeous and awesome that you are beginning to like shopping again, after I lost 40lbs I now adore shopping!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right. Attitude is everything! Good Luck on the house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the house! It is an exciting time, getting settled in...Keep up the great work, a positive attitude goes a very long way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on wining the weight issue and the house looks great. CONGRATS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Accomplishments are so rewarding. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so right! Attitude is everything

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm trying to not get discouraged since I gained 10

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ruby- Yes that is hard. I think the best thing you can do is just totally forget about the 10 pounds! Just start all over. Just tell yourself ok this is the weight I am right now and this is my goal weight! Good luck !

      Delete
  8. Congrats on the new house & your new weight loss journey!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! So glad you are feeling better and how exciting about those jeans! We are house hunting right now too so I can understand how stress you are right now! Good job being able to control that!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on losing weight! I am on WW too and feel like it is the only thing that works for me. I hope you get the house!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the weight loss, good luck on the house!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the house! Good job about losing weight. I am definitely relating to the need motivation picture myself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats on the weight loss! Positive attitude is everything! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh I need motivation for many things! Congrats on all your success and hope it continues.

    ReplyDelete

Feel Free to Comment Anytime!